"PROBABLY THE BEST WATER YOU WILL EVER TASTE..."
Our story started 17 years ago when one of our partners, Per Arne Brelin discovered that he had a pure natural water source in the hillside of his land. He started to test this water and discovered that his water source where as pure as it can be…
He then got the idea to bring this pure water out in the world, and for many years now he has been dedicated to the water business. He has tested most of the natural sources in Norway and has never found any source as good as the ones in Folldal. All the sources comes from the high mountain plateau where the water sinks into the ground, under the moraine and runs into cracks in the mountain and brings healthy minerals and pops out at 800 meters above sea level.
To make a long story short…. A few of years ago he met Geir Pram Kristensen who really believed in his ideas. And three years ago, Geir met me at the poolside in a nice sunny beach resort. I then met Jarle Hus and to make the story short…. In December 2015 we had our first meeting and decided to start a company together… We are four very different persons with different background and experience, and we work really well together and are 100% dedicated to do our business in an environmentally friendly way. That's why we really like our cartons from Tetra Pak which is as environmentally friendly as they possible can be.
We get our water from the nature and we swear to protect it!
- In 2016 we have a potential to produce 20 mill. litres of the best and purest drinking watter in Norway.
- The same goes for 2017.
- We will produce in cartons which is environmentally friendly and keeps the water fresh for 3 years.
- The cartons can be produced in different sizes. 1 litre, 0,5 litre, 0,25 litre.
- The water is being transferred from Folldal to Fredrikstad where it will be bottled in environmental friendly cartons which keeps the water fresh and good even in room temperature.
PURE MOUNTAIN WATER
Said by scientist Bj0rn Frengstad at NGU who analyzed our water. This is a well balanced water which satisfies all demands in the drinking water regulations for Norway and EU. The contents of minerals is favorable from a health point. Low concentrations of nitrates, heavy metals and fluoride. And relatively high in calcium and bi carbonate. The PH is perfect.
HISTORY OF THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Folldal has been inhabited since the early 1600's and there has been found remains of settlements of hunters and trappers dated to older Stone age, about 5500 BC ....
- Poets and painters has been inspired by the beautiful nature of Rondane, Sn0hetta and the mountains of Dovre for ages .... " A winternight in Rondane" is Norway's national painting and was painted by Harald Solberg. He started it early 1900 and the most famous version is displayed in the national gallery in Oslo.
Snøhetta is one of Norway's highest mountains, 2286,5 meters. Its the highest one in the national park which is Norway's largest natural resort. In wintertime it gets really cold here, minus 30-40 degree's for weeks at the time... This is very good for the water and the nature which get disinfected so that the water is very clean and healthy when it reaches our natural spring in Folldal.
- The water has been tested for a minimum of a year and then approved by the Norwegian Food Safety Authority.
- The water is bottled in cartons by NEN Products in Fredrikstad, Norway, which has BRC food certification grade A which is the highest possible...
- The cartons is produced by Tetra Pak and keeps the water fresh for three years. The cartons are environmentally friendly which our company, Snø Water of Norway AS appreciates a lot. We all need to take good care of mother earth.
OUR PREFERRED CLIENTS
- Wants a long term and predictable agreement with Snø Water of Norway AS.
- Appreciate high quality goods.
- Wants to be able to serve their customers with some of the best drinking water in the world.
"The best water you will ever taste..."
The Snøhetta story begins almost 17 years ago when Per Arne Brelin was hiking alone on his pristine snow covered lands and noticed apair of lone ravens flying high overhead. Of course he thought this was curious, for ravens never flew this deeply into the mountains, and suddenly all of the childhood tales of Odin and the Norse gods came flooding back to him. Everyone in the region knew the old stories passed around from mothers to daughters and fathers to sons, supposedly somewhere deep within the Dovrefjell range, Snøhetta mountain resides the hallowed halls of Valhalla. But this was merely a legend, wasn´t it?
Per Arne broke from the path and followed the ravens through the hills, it was a light winter and the going wasn´t so tough for someone invigorated by tales of their youth. His walk took him deep into the foothills and before too long the ravens came to rest at a bubbling spring. Per Arne drank deeply that day. This pure mountain water source was some of the cleanest, crispest and most invigorating water he had ever had in his life. He knew he had been given something special and decided then and there, that even if he hadn´t been led to the gates of Valhalla by Huginn and Muninn this may have been a gift from the gods after all.
Coming back to reality, Per Arne conducted extensive research and testing and discovered that this water is in fact as pure as any water can be. He compared it exhaustively to many of the other natural sources in Norway and every time the Snøhetta was far superior. It wasn´t just a feeling, now it was a fact. The Snøhetta source begins on the high mountain plateau where the water is absorbed directly into the mountain. Filtering through time into the moraine and deep hidden passageways on a lengthy subterranean journey through the stone, the water is imbued with a unique combination of trace minerals and natural elements. It may not pass through Valhalla, but we like to think Odin may have a hand in creating what we believe to be the best water on the planet. But don´t take our word for it, drink the legend yourself.
At Snøhetta we are fully committed to protecting and respecting the nature and our environment.